Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless Data Networking
Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless
Wireless - Guest Network User Information
This article provides Guest Network Guests with information about their access to the campus guest network.
The Guest Network allows campus guests and visitors access to the wireless network while on campus for web, email, and communications needs.
To use it, guests simply select the 'uchicago-guest' SSID from a wireless device (laptop, tablet, or phone) and enter the Guest Network UserID and password provided to them by their Sponsor. The UserID is customarily the fully-qualified email address they provided the sponsor.
Sponsors are any faculty and full-time staff, who use the Guest Network Sponsor Portal at http://uchicago-guest.uchicago.edu, to create temporary accounts for their guests. Sponsorship is not available at this time to students, medical center employees, or part-time staff of the university.
Limited support, focused on ensuring network availability and that a guest's credentials are accurate, is available through the IT Services Service Desk.
For questions about devices support, length of service, and similar common concerns please view our FAQ. Other useful documents are linked at the bottom of this page.
The University provides guest network access on good faith that guests will not engage in any illegal or abusive actions while using the Guest Network. Campus guests must agree to the following understanding:
- Guest agreement:
- The Guest Wireless Network is NOT SECURE and confidentiality is not guaranteed. Use at your own risk.
- Access to the Guest Network may be permanently revoked in cases involving illegal activity, including but not limited to child pornography, threats, harassment, copyright infringement, defamation, theft, and unauthorized access.
- You may not use the Guest Network to engage in conduct which interferes with others' use of guest network and/or the activities of other users. If your use is excessive, your Guest Network access may be closed without notification.
- The University of Chicago reserves the right to revoke access to the Guest Wireless Network at any time without notification.
- Wireless - Create a Guest Account
- Wireless - Guest Network Sponsor Information
- Wireless - Guest Network Common Connection Issues
- Wireless - Guest Network FAQ