Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless Data Networking
Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless
Wireless - Guest Network Sponsor Information
This article provides Guest Network sponsors with instructions in order to provide guest users with access to the campus network.
The Guest Network at the University of Chicago allows faculty and full-time staff to sponsor guests on the wireless network by creating temporary accounts they may use for up to two weeks. The university gives access to a network independent from campus resources, providing guests with convenient wireless network access to surf the web and check their email while on campus. If your guest requires access to any secure campus resources, please consider contacting your departmental Trusted Agent. Sponsorship is not available at this time to students, University Chicago Medicine employees, or part-time staff of the university.
Setting up a Guest
- Go to the Guest Network Home Page for Guests and Sponsors.
- Click Staff/Faculty Sponsor Login.
- Log in with your CNetID and password to access the Guest Manager application.
- Click Create New Guest Account to get started with a new account.
- Enter the required information. The guest login ID will be their fully-qualified email address you entered when you first created the account.
- Make sure to review the Account Activation and Account Expiration fields and modify as you see fit.
- Update the Notes field if you would like to capture additional useful information about this guest account (optional).
- You must read and acknowledge the Sponsor Responsibilities/Terms. Select the checkbox to confirm your acknowledgement.
- Click Create.
- You may print the guest account details directly from this page for your guest if he or she is already onsite.
- Click Email to email the client their account information. If you want to receive a copy of the email make sure to update the Email to field with your email address and your guest's. Make sure to use a comma (,) to separate the email addresses (email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To log out of the system, scroll to the bottom of the page. Under More Options, click on Back to Main. On the next page, click Logout.
- Confirm your guest has received their account information and understands the service. You may send them the link to the article Wireless - Guest Network User Information so they will have instructions outlining the access and acceptable use of the UChicago Guest Network.
Support for sponsors and limited support for guests is available through the ITS Service Desk by phone at 2-5800 (773-702-5800), email at email@example.com, or at the TECHB@R on the first floor of Regenstein Library during scheduled hours.
The program is governed by the following policies to which Sponsor and Guests must agree.
Sponsor Agreement: We provide the Guest Wireless Network exclusively to assist you in fulfilling the mission of the University. The University provides this access on good faith that guests will not engage in any illegal or abusive actions while using the Guest Network. As a sponsor, you are responsible for the following:
- Evaluate the needs of your guest to determine whether the Guest Wireless Network is the appropriate solution. Refer guests who need access to additional resources to your area's trusted agent for a to discuss their service options. See the Trusted Agents List to find your trusted agent.
- Refresh Guest Wireless Network credentials for your guests who require additional access time.
- Deactivate guests if they depart campus early.
- Familiarize yourself with the Guest Network Policy so that you can make good decisions about providing Guest Network access, and can assist your guests if they are unclear about their responsibilities and risks.
Guest Agreement: Guests must acknowledge the following conditions in order to use the Guest Network.
- The Guest Wireless Network is not secure and confidentiality is not guaranteed. Use at your own risk.
- The University may permanently revoke access to the Guest Network in cases involving illegal activity. This includes, but not limited to the following.
- Child pornography
- Copyright infringement
- Unauthorized access
- You may not use the Guest Network to engage in conduct that interferes with others' use of the Guest Network or the activities of other users. If your use is excessive, your Guest Network access may be closed without notification.
- The University of Chicago reserves the right to revoke access to the Guest Wireless Network at any time without notification.
Alert: The University provides Guest Network access on good faith that guests will not engage in any illegal or abusive actions while using the Guest Network.
- Wireless - Create a Guest Account
- Wireless - Guest Network User Information
- Wireless - Guest Network Common Connection Issues
- Wireless - Guest Network FAQ