Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless Data Networking
Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless
Wireless - Create a Guest Account
This article explains how a to create a guest wireless account using the Guest Wireless sponsor portal.
All full-time university faculty and staff have access to the sponsor portal. To give a guest access to the wireless you will need their first and last name, email address and phone number.
- Go to the Guest Network Home Page for Guests and Sponsors.
- Click Go to Sponsor Login. If you are not on campus you will need to connect via cVPN or Remote Desktop.
- On the sponsor login page, enter your CNetID and password and click Log In.
- Click Create Guest Account.
- Complete the new guest account form. Guest Name and Email Address are required.
- By default, all new accounts are valid for 24 hours from the time of creation. Account Activation is set to Now, and Account Expiration is set to 1 day from now.
- To change the account start date and time, click the drop-down menu next to Account Activation and select Activate at specified time.... A second field opens that allows you to select a date and time in a calendar.
- In the calendar, select the appropriate date and time for activation of the guest account.
- Follow the same process to change the Account Expiration field to set the account to expire at a future date and time within the two week limit for guest accounts.
- Update the Notes field (optional).
- Click Create.
- You should see a confirmation page with the guest account details. You can print the details directly from the confirmation page if a guest is already on-site.
- If you prefer to email your guest their account details, click Email. If you would like to receive a copy of the email as well, make sure you update the Email to: field with your valid email address next to your guest's email. Make sure to use a comma to separate email addresses (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).